What Does a Teenage Car Washer do?
As a car washer, you’ll spend the majority of your time washing the insides and outsides of cars, as the name suggests. By doing this, you will be vacuuming and cleaning the inside of the car, and using chemicals to wash stains off the outside of the car. A teenage car washer can start by getting hired at a car washing company, or they can start their own company. All in all, you will make sure cars shine for a bit of cash. You’ll spend a lot of time doing manual labor, so it would be helpful if you are flexible and athletic. Car washing is very physical and manual unlike other jobs, and you will probably get wet in the process.
How Much Does a Teenage Car Washer Get Paid?
As a car washer just getting started, you can expect to earn somewhere between $10-$15 per hour. The biggest issue with this type of work though is that you might have a hard time finding a job. The reason is because most car washers have been replaced by mechanical car washers found at gas stations. There are not many more companies that have manual car washers, since manual takes more time and is more expensive. You will have a bit of difficulty trying to find a car washer position, so I would recommend that you make your own car washing company. You might not have as many customers as a car washing company, but it is too difficult to land a position as a car washer, but nevertheless, in this article, I will go over both of them.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Car Washer?
- Make sure that you speak to your parent(s) before trying to become a teen car washer. Doing so we’ll ensure your safety and they’ll likely be able to help you in your efforts.
- Before you begin, you’ll need to determine if you want to pursue a job or your own company. As I said before, a job will be harder to find, but once you do find one, you will have a stable pay. An own company, on the other hand, will not find you many customers, and therefore, your pay will not be stable. There are benefits and cons to both sides, and it is good to do some research on the decision.
- For both options, you should stock up on equipment. Here is an article that tells you how to wash cars and the equipment you need which you can find on Amazon. You should buy these materials for your own company, and if you get hired, just in case they run out. At this time, you should also learn the different techniques to ensure every spot is sparkling clean, and how to get the job done in the most efficient method. You need to make sure that you don’t leave any muck on the other person’s car, or they may complain and demand a refund. For the efficiency, it’s great to be able finish the work as fast as possible without compromising quality to ensure highest return, as in money.
- Apply to a position, if you are planning on getting hired. You can find a couple of positions on Craigslist or Indeed, and you should apply there. It would be helpful to add a reference letter here too, and don’t forget to attach your resume. If you are making your own company, it is time to start. Put up posters around your neighborhood, and go to your customer’s houses to wash their cars.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage car washer. It might seem hard at time, and you will get all dirty and wet, but in the end, you will succeed as a car washer. It might not seem like an honorable job that will lead you to a great future, but it is. Working as a car washer is something amazing you can put on your resume, and making your own company is even more impressive. Persevere through the hard times, and success is waiting at the end of the tunnel.
<< Back to Summer Jobs For Teens Database
- Amazon.com: Provides you with a bunch of different car washing kits that you can use to fulfill your job requirements.
- Craigslist.org: A site where you can search for car washing jobs. However, we recommend sticking to friends and friends of people that you know as you know that you can trust them
- AutoGeek.net: This website provides has come up with a great guide to help you learn the proper way of cleaning a car.