What Does a Teenage Newspaper Deliverer do?
As a teenage newspaper deliverer do, you’ll be distributing newspapers on a daily, weekly, or biweekly basis. You’ll either hand out free newspapers to every house, or deliver them to select houses that are subscribed to the newspaper. Also, you can use different methods of transport to get to the recipients, for example bike, which is the preferred method. Basically, you will be the person responsible for getting the newspapers to the readers. You’ll first get a large stack of newspapers from the company delivered to your house, and then you will deliver them. You’ll spend a lot of time outside, travelling, so it’s helpful to be in shape and to have a very fit stamina. This is crucial, especially if you’re delivering on foot, or on bike.
How Much Does a Teenage Newspaper Deliverer Get Paid?
As a newspaper deliverer just getting started, you can expect to earn somewhere between $10-$15 per hour, or $400-$500 a month. The biggest issue with this type of work is that it is quite tiring. You will have to wake up early in the morning to deliver the newspapers by breakfast, and you’ll wake up and do a long walk or bike around the areas you will be servicing. Adding on to that is that you won’t be able to be promoted, as there is no higher position over a newspaper deliverer. The reason is because you can’t get promoted to a senior newspaper deliverer or a manager, since the job is mainly solo. But if you start now and stick to it, it’s a great way to incentivize exercising, and over a long time, you’ll get quite a nice amount of money.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Newspaper Deliverer?
- Make sure that you speak to your parent(s) before trying to become a teen newspaper deliverer. Doing so we’ll ensure your safety and they’ll likely be able to help you in your efforts.
- Before you begin, you’ll need to determine your capacity for delivering newspapers. You’ll want to know how much you can deliver, as in the total distance before you start. This way, you’ll maximize your profits in a given time. A good way to do this is by searching up a length that you normally walk, for example from your home to your school. Then enter this on Google Maps, and you can see the distance, and you now know how long that took you to walk. Then multiply the time and distance until you have your maximum time.
- You’ll now need to write a solid resume. A newspaper deliverer is a very stereotypical job that has gained a lot of attention in the media, such as in movies and tv shows. They often depict a newspaper deliverer as the job of choice, and therefore, influenced by the media, there will be a lot of teens looking to become a newspaper deliverer. This being said, you’ll need to stand out from the other teenagers. One of the ways you can go about doing this is by writing an amazing resume. Write about how skilled and trustworthy you are, and how you can deliver all the newspapers on time, without a doubt. That was just an example of what you could write, but you should personalize your resume and talk about your skills and achievements.
- Once you’ve determined your maximum distance and you’ve written a good resume, you can now apply. You’ll first need to find a couple of newspaper companies. You may already be receiving newspapers from a company, so you could read your newspaper to see if they need any help delivering newspapers. Then, call the companies one by one to ask if they have a position available, or perhaps in the future. Be kind, as that will give you a better chance of landing the job.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage newspaper deliverer. It may be tiring at times, but it’s great way to earn a decent amount of money. And even if you aren’t getting paid much, you’ve probably become way more fit being a newspaper deliverer. It’s a great way to get experience as well, and you should stick to it.