What Does a Teenage Car Snow Remover do?
As a car snow remover, you will spend the majority of your time clearing snow off of cars during winter. Many people will wake up to drive to their jobs, but they will find that a huge snowfall on the previous day have completely covered their cars in ice and snow. That’s where you come in. You will create a subscription list where every time there is a major snowfall, you will go clear the snow off of their cars for them. After clearing the snow from their cars, they will then pay you. Your responsibilities as a car snow remover are to find customers, remove the snow, and ensure the safety of the car.
How Much Does a Teenage Car Snow Remover Get Paid?
As a car snow remover just starting, you can expect to earn around $5 per car that you remove the snow from. The biggest issue with being a car snow remover is that you will have difficulty finding customers. Not many people need a car snow remover, as they can probably do the work themselves in 10 minutes or so. This being said, you will have limited customers and to get more customers you’ll have to get referrals.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Car Snow Remover?
- Before you begin, you’ll want to get the equipment needed to clear the snow off of cars. This will mostly consist of a simple brush and scraper multitool. You’ll need these tools to be able to start a car snow removal business. You can also pick up whatever tools you think you may need, which you can find here. You won’t keep customers without the proper tools to finish the job, so make sure you’re prepared.
- Next, you can start to find customers. This can be done ideally by speaking to people in your neighborhood. Tell people to sign up for your car snow removal subscription. Find as many customers as you think you can take on, and you can start organizing these customers into a spreadsheet. It’s best to do this in your neighborhood because it’s close to home and simple to deal with before and after school.
- Create a subscription list. This list can be made on Google Spreadsheets and will have a list of all the customers you have, as well as an address for all of them. This will ensure that you have quick access to reaching your customers. Each time there is a big snowfall, you will go out there and clear the snow for them, and they will pay you. At this time, you should also determine when you will go clear the snow for them. Our recommendation is that every time there is any snow on the cars, you go out and get it done. From there, make sure your customers pay you.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage car snow remover. It may take while to find customers, but now that you’ve found your customers, you are good to go. At this point it’s all about asking for referrals and hopefully you can be the only snow remover in your neighborhood. It’s a great experience to be had, and you are getting great exercise at it. In the future when you are applying at a job, you can bring this up, and it will be very impressive to the interviewers as it shows great initiative.
- Snow Removal Tools: This is where you can find tools for snow removal.