What Does a Teenage Virtual Assistant do?
A virtual assistant is a helper to someone who’s very busy and needs to get various tasks done. As a virtual assistant, you’ll basically be someone’s “go-to” when there is a task that they don’t have time to complete. This could mean that you’ll be doing sales, marketing, scheduling meetings, editing, proofreading, accounting, and really a bunch of different things. Usually, your boss will end up training you on tasks they need done, so this is a great way to learn and get paid while you do it. A virtual assistant will work from their own home with their own computer, phone, and internet connection. Because these positions usually require a wide breadth of knowledge about various tasks, it’s good to be a well-rounded person who can also learn new skills quickly.
How Much Does a Teenage Virtual Assistant Get Paid?
As a virtual assistant just getting started, you can expect to earn $18-$35 per hour. The main issue with becoming a virtual assistant is that you will have to devote a lot of your time. You’ll spend your entire day on the computer, or at least available to do work on the computer, because you never know when your employer might send you a task. Doing this will be very hard as it limits your flexibility with what you can do. Many of your plans, especially during the summer, might be ruined because you need to rush home to do work. But even so, you can limit your times to a regular work day (9am – 5pm) and take on more contracts so you can earn more money while waiting for a task from another employer.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Virtual Assistant?
- Before you become a virtual assistant, you will need to write a good resume. Since being a virtual assistant is work that can be done by anyone and it doesn’t require much training, many people are looking to become a virtual assistant. Because of this, and the fact that it’s a work from home position, you’ll have a lot of competition. Because of this, you’ll need to find a way to be different and unique. One of the ways you can accomplish this is by writing a good resume. You can write all the skills you have that might come into use when being a virtual assistant. For example, are you good at editing and writing? You canmention that on your resume and how it will make you the perfect virtual assistant.
- Fill out your profile on Upwork. Upwork is a virtual job board that helps small business owners connect with different contractors to get work done. Since there is a lot of competition on Upwork, and your profile has to be checked by a moderator before you join, you’ll have to fill out your profile. Do this by completing some Upwork certified tests, and filling out all the sections of your profile with the respective information. After your profile gets accepted by Upwork, you can start searching for a job. Because you’re new (and young) do everything you can to make your profile look good. Also, there is no need to mention your age, it’s irrelevant as long as you can do the work described.
- Once you’ve made your profile. You can now apply to a job. We recommend that you apply to as many as possible so that you have multiple options. Once you get accepted by a few small business owners, you’ll go into an interview process which can simply be by email or sometimes a Skype interview. After that, as long as you impressed your interviewer, you’ll most likely get accepted, and you can begin working.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage virtual assistant. You’ve probably invested a lot of time searching for a job but now that you’ve found a client who likes your services, it’s easy to get more work. As you get more experience, you can increase your pay and as time goes on, you’ll make more and more money.
- Upwork.com: This will help you find new work when you’re trained as a virtual assistant.
- Teen resume writing advice: If you’re looking to create a resume, this article will help.