What Does a Teenage Data Entry Specialist do?
In the traditional sense, a data entry specialist basically converts paper or image files into a written form on the computer to be used and edited by everyone. Basically, you will copy information from one source to another, word for word. Another example of how this may be used is in post offices. Post offices need to type up your mail onto the computer to have a written record, and computers can’t do this. So, you will step in and copy the information from the mail onto the computer. However, the term “data entry” is used loosely by most small business and it may mean that you need to enter content into an excel file, a google spreadsheet, or a number of areas. Data entry is a frequently used term for many different jobs and it’s something that can keep you very busy and earn you lots of money, if you become good at it. Since you’ll be working for long periods of time doing the same mundane task, you will have to be able to concentrate very deeply. If you are fidgety and can’t focus, this job will be harder for you since you might make more errors and type slower.
How Much Does a Teenage Data Entry Specialist Get Paid?
As a data entry specialist, you can expect to earn $10-$15 dollars an hour. The biggest issue with becoming a data entry specialist is that you will have a lot of competition including people from other countries. There are many people looking to become a data entry specialist because it is a very easy job that earns a decent amount of money. Since there are so many people looking to become a data entry specialist, the pay for them might be lower. It will also be hard to find a job as so many people will compete with you, and employers will hire the one with more experience, and you have very little experience right now. This problem can easily be fixed. You just need to start out from your competition through various ways that will be shown below.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Data Entry Specialist?
- Before you begin, you’ll want to improve your typing speed. Since you will be spending most of your time typing, it will benefit you to learn how to type faster. It is a small investment of time that can be extremely worth it in the end. So, you can take online courses to learn different techniques to help you type faster. And this will be great skill to have for the future, as a high typing speed will be needed in many jobs since everything is getting more digitalized. You can search the course called “Learning Typing by Anson Alexander” available on Lynda.com which will revise typing techniques and help you type even faster. It’s also a good idea to understand how to use WordPress, you should search “WordPress Essential Training by Carrie Bills” as you may need to enter data on there directly.
- Now that you’ve gone through a course teaching you the best ways to type, you’ll want to write a resume. Since there are so many people looking to become a data entry specialist, you’ll want to improve your resume to be a better candidate than your competition and to stand out from them. You will have to create a resume or improve on your current one. A resume shows all your skills and previous experiences that apply to being a data entry specialist.
- Once you’ve made a good resume, you can now find a job. The best way to become a data entry specialist is to work on sites like Upwork. Upwork is a freelancing site where startups meet with data entry specialists to get all of their temporary data entry work done. You can apply to many jobs on Upwork and employers can hire you. But first, you should fill out your profile, as it is going to be one of the first things employers look at when you apply. Then, when you apply talk about your skills and typing speed in your cover letter, and attach your resume. Also, it doesn’t hurt to take a look at Amazon’s Mechanical Turk service as well if you can’t find any jobs on Upwork.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage data entry specialist. It may be hard to concentrate at times, and you might have had to outbid a lot of your competition, but the hard times are past you. Now, you can enjoy doing data entry work and earn quite a bit of money while working online. But you might stick with the hard times to be able to get the rewards of being a data entry specialist.
<< Back to Online Jobs For Teens Database
- Lynda.com: This platform will teach you the skills you need to become a teen data entry specialist.Courses:Search for the course “Learning Typing by Anson Alexander”Search for the course “WordPress Essential Training by Carrie Bills”
- Resume Writing Tips: For a job like this, it’s likely that you’ll need a resume. This link will help you write it.
- Upwork.com: This will help you find new work when you’re trained as a teen data entry specialist.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: This website is another website where teenage data entry specialists can find work.