How to Become a Teenage Logo Designer
What Does a Teenage Logo Designer do?
A logo designer is a specialized graphic designer who creates the branding used to represent the company, mainly being symbols that will be the icon of the company. This is usually done with visually pleasing shapes and fonts. The process of designing a logo is quite complicated. You will first discuss with your client what type of logo they want. They could have a couple of ideas and concepts for the logo, or you will have to give some ideas too. Then, you will prepare a simple sketch of what it might look like. After their approval, you will use a variety of programs online to create the final logo.
If they don’t like it, you are responsible to change the logo to their desire. You may find clients through different platforms, either working for a firm, or finding freelance work online. You will be doing a lot of drawing and designing, so it’s good to have a degree or certification in general visual arts, or at least be a gifted artist.
How Much Does a Teenage Logo Designer Get Paid?
As a logo designer, you can expect to earn around $50 to $100 per logo when starting. Assuming that each logo takes you three hours to complete, that’s a very good hourly wage. The biggest issue with this type of work is finding a job. You could either work for a firm or find freelance work. Both of these are quite hard to do, since there are so many fellow logo designers competing for positions. But if you follow the instructions below, you should not have much difficulty as you will be a step ahead of your competition.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Logo Designer?
- Before you begin, you’ll want to get the necessary education or skills required to become a logo designer. You could do this by taking an graphic design courses at your school or learning from online courses like those at Lynda.com, which has a course called Why are trends important? – a logo design course. You should search "Why are trends important by Bill Gardner" to get it. This shows a lot of the current logos as an example and analyzes them to show you what you need to do to create a good logo.
Another course you should search is "Photoshop CC Essential Training: The Basics by Julieanne Kost" This course will help you because it will teach you how to use photoshop, which is essential if you want to be a logo designer. If you don’t have Photshop yet, you can get it here for $9.99 per month. If you already know photoshop and have the software, you can skip this step.
- Now that you’ve gotten educated, you’ll need to make a couple of logos by yourself and put them on your portfolio. You will want to show people what you can create and what they will be getting when they hire you. So, experiment around and make some logos by yourself to show as an example. You can do this by using your skills you learned in the course and applying it on programs like Photoshop. After you’ve made a couple logos and you are comfortable with the job, then upload your best couple of logos onto a document.
- Once you’ve made a good portfolio, you can now find a job. There are many ways to do this, as mentioned before. The best way is to use sites like Upwork or Fiverr. They are both freelance websites where employers ask for a task, and you bid with other freelancers to do the task. Many of these are logo design. So, you can apply to multiple jobs and employers will hire you. Fill out your online portfolio with all of the logos you’ve created and apply. When applying, talk about your abilities and attach the portfolio that you’ve made.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage logo designer. It may take some time to find your first client, but once you do you’ll be able to get another and another until you have hundreds in your portfolio. Successful logo designers can also be hired by big companies as graphic designers, and it’s a very lucrative career if you’re artistic and enjoy creating works of art on the computer screen.
- Lynda.com: This platform will teach you the skills you need to become a teen logo designer.
Search for the course "Why are trends important" by Bill Gardner"
Search "Photoshop CC Essential Training: The Basics by Julieanne Kost" and choose the most recent course.
- Adobe Photoshop Software: This is the software you'll need to be able to be a logo designer.
- Upwork.com: This website will help you find new work when you're trained as a logo designer.
- Fiverr.com: This is another website that will help you find new work when you're trained as a logo designer.