What Does a Teenage Podcaster do?
A podcaster is someone who can create podcasts and eventually get paid by sponsors. Podcasters are self-employed and can work at their own pace. In order to create a successful podcast, you’ll use a variety of programs and equipment for recording. For example, you can use an audio editor to edit out mistakes in your podcast or to enhance the entire quality. Your responsibilities as a podcaster include researching your podcast topic, recording the podcast, uploading the podcast, and to manage and respond to feedback.
How Much Does a Teenage Podcaster Get Paid?
As a podcaster just getting started, you might not earn any money at first, but successful podcasters can earn a lot of money. This is mainly because of the fact that you’re relying on other people to listen to your podcast, so the number of viewers you have matters a lot. When you just start of as a podcaster, you won’t have many listeners. This is the biggest obstacle you have when becoming a podcaster. It’s extremely hard to earn money when you start, but with time you will grow as long as you’re consistent.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Podcaster?
- Before you begin, you’ll want to get the necessary equipment to become a podcaster. Podcasters need good audio equipment and a recording booth or a good acoustic room to make a good podcast. A podcast will not get listeners if there is a lot of static from a bad microphone or traffic noise, so find a quiet place in the house to make it happen. You’ll want to acquire a microphone and free software called Audacity.com before you begin. There is a nice course on Lynda.com that will teach you how to use Audacity. You should search “Learning Audacity by Garrick Chow”. This is a list of the best Microphones for podcasts available.
- Now that you’ve gotten your equipment, you’ll want to brainstorm what your podcast will be about. You’ll want to choose a topic that you’re interested in, that a lot of people are also interested in, and a topic that you will have enough content for. You can look at this guide for 100 podcasting ideas. In addition, there is a course in Lynda.com that will help you with this. You should search “Content Marketing: Podcasts and Audio by C.C. Chapman”. It’s a good idea to check that out before moving any further.
- Record your podcast. You can now start to record your podcast and upload it. Turn on the microphone and start talking naturally. Don’t seem too robotic, as people won’t want to listen to that. Have some emotion when you’re talking and you can even bring a friend along as a guest to your podcast. Once you’ve finished recording, you can edit your podcast with the software and hardware that you acquired from step one. After your podcast is a finished piece, upload it to YouTube where people can listen. If your videos aren’t getting views, don’t worry, they will only increase with time. Don’t quit now after you’ve gone through so much work.
- Congrats, you’re officially a teenage podcaster. It took you a hefty investment to dedicate a room in your house as a recording studio and it might have cost a lot to get all the equipment. But that stage is over, and you’ll never have to do that again. Podcasting will be fun when you can talk about whatever you want for an hour, and get paid for it. But don’t quit now, or all the time you have invested will be gone. Stick to it, and your podcast will keep growing.
<< Back to Online Jobs For Teens Database
- Lynda.com: This platform will teach you the skills you need to become a teen 3D Modeler.Course: Search for the course “Learning Audacity by Garrick Chow”Search for the course “Content Marketing: Podcasts and Audio by C.C. Chapman”
- Audacity.com: This is free software available to everyone that is great to make the audio of podcasts sound great.
- Best Podcast Microphones: This is a listing of the best podcast microphones available.
- Guide For Podcast Ideas: This is a guide to help you decide what podcast ideas you can focus on.