How to Become a Teenage SEO Specialist
What Does a Teenage Search Engine Optimization Specialist do?
A search engine optimization specialist will maximize the number of visitors a website gets from a search engine like Google.com. Basically, you will make sure that a search engine brings as many people as possible, and by doing this you will be making sure that your website is listed higher than your competition in search results. There are a lot of things to learn in this area, but if you can do better than competitors, you’ll always have a lot of work.
Since search engine’s change often, you will have to continually learn to adapt to these. If an algorithm changes, you will have to change your SEO techniques. This being said, you will have to be a constant learner, and be able to adapt to changes. Also, there is no formal education to become a search engine optimization specialist, so you will have to learn by yourself or use online courses like those listed below.
How Much Does a Teenage Search Engine Optimization Specialist Get Paid?
As a teenage search engine optimization specialist just getting started, you’ll likely earn somewhere around $10 to $15 per hour. Experience matters a lot in this field, so you might even get less than that.
But that’s no problem as you can build up your experience quickly.
The biggest issue with being a search engine optimization specialist is that you’ll have to find your own clients which is difficult, but very rewarding if it goes well. The world of search engine optimization changes quickly, but once you have success once, you’ll probably get referrals from satisfied clients and your results speak for themselves.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Search Engine Optimization Specialist?
1. Before you begin, you’ll want to get the necessary education required to become a search engine optimization specialist. As mentioned previously, there is no formal education that you can take. So, your only option is to take online courses. One of the best resources for online courses is Lynda.com and they have quite a few SEO courses to help. To start, you may want to search "Online Marketing Foundations by Brad Batesole". This teaches the fundamentals of online marketing, which is the perfect course for starting off as a search engine optimization specialist. Once you’ve figured out the basics, you can focus specifically on an SEO course like "SEO Foundations by David Booth".
2. Create a website to practice your SEO skills. First, you’ll want to decide on your hosting and domain. You can use Siteground to do this. Next, you’ll want to install WordPress on your site so you can use it more efficiently. Finally, you’ll want to implement your strategies for SEO that you’ve learned in the previous step. See how far up you can get on search engines. This can also be used as an example for when you are getting hired you can show off your real skill. Start by clicking here to open Siteground and then watch the video below to help you understand how to do this, step-by-step.
3. Once you’ve made a good website and are ranked in Google, you can now find a job. The best way to do this is to use Upwork. On Upwork there are many start-ups and small companies that are looking for search engine optimization specialists. Fill out your profile with your experiences and apply to positions. This can eventually lead to a career, but it's your best bet to try to work freelance for awhile to get started.
4. Congrats, you’re officially a teenage search engine optimization specialist. It’s going to take a lot of work to keep up with the latest algorithm of search engines but it will all be worth it. Since experience is such a huge factor in being a SEO specialist, you’ll gain a lot of experience and have better and more rewarding jobs in the future.
- Lynda.com: This platform will teach you the skills you need to become a teen SEO specialist..
Search for the course "Online Marketing Foundations by Brad Batesole"
Search for the course "SEO Foundations by David Booth"
- Upwork.com: This will help you find new work when you're trained as a SEO specialist.