How to Become a Teen Video Game Player
What Does a Teenage Video Game Player do?
A Twitch video gamer is someone who livestreams themselves playing video games on Twitch.tv and people come to watch, which earns you ad revenue. Twitch video gamers will work at their own leisure, since they are self-employed. They can livestream daily or weekly, whatever fits their needs. The main way that they earn money is through sponsorships or ad revenue as mentioned previously. In order to make a fun and enjoyable live stream, they’ll need to have the right equipment to do so. For example, you’ll need a good microphone to make sure there’s no static sound in the livestream. The responsibilities of a Twitch video gamer are to play video gamed, livestream the game, entertain your viewers, and manage your channel. Since Twitch video gamers will be playing games as a living, they’ll need to be good gamers.
How Much Does a Teenage Video Game Player Get Paid?
As a Twitch video gamer just starting off, it’s unlikely you’ll earn any money. This is because you need followers to make money, and popularity will come with time. On the other hand, popular Twitch video gamers earn a lot of money with sponsorships and ads. What often happens is that a company will contact the Twitch video game streamer and ask them to play the game and say how good it is, and that’s all the gamer needs to do to earn the money. The biggest problem with becoming a Twitch video gamer is gaining an audience. Since there are many other gamers out there, you need to be different from all of them. Building a fanbase takes time and dedication, and you might not feel rewarded when you have little fans. That being said, if you play video games anyway and enjoy, then maybe it makes sense for you to become a streamer as well as it won’t take much more work.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Video Game Player?
- Before you begin, you’ll want to get the necessary equipment to become a twitch video gamer. Since people will be watching your videos live, you’ll want to ensure that you can give the best quality livestreams. To do this, you’ll want to get the basic equipment for recording. First, you’ll want to find the best gaming computer if you plan on streaming from a computer. If you plan on streaming from a console, you can skip this equipment. Next, you’ll want to get a good microphone. This will ensure that you can communicate with your viewers and provide good commentary. Finally, for software, you’ll want to get a Twitch account, since you need to be able to collect your money and broadcast your gameplay. The best free livestreaming software is OBS, which you can download here.
- Now that you’ve gotten your equipment, you’ll want to choose a game you want to stream. You should probably choose a game that you are good at and play often already, since you want to enjoy yourself while streaming. The game you choose should also have a good fanbase so you can ensure that people will watch your livestream. The game should be quite interesting and have good gameplay, so more people will be interested and the livestreams won’t be repetitive. Once you’ve gotten a good game, buy it and you can start streaming. You can get your games here, or you can just buy them from somewhere locally.
- Start streaming. Go on Twitch and start streaming your livestream. Just turn everything on, and try to have a friend watching to make sure everything is working fine. When recording, be humble and not to robotic. People like a streamer with a good personality and those people will have more success as a live streamer. Just be yourself when streaming. After the stream, ask for feedback on what you could do better. If you don’t get many fans, don’t worry. Everyone starts from somewhere, and you’ll gain fans in the future as you continue.
- Congrats, you’re officially a Twitch video gamer. You might not have many fans right now, but it will grow as time goes on if you’re consistent. Now, all you have to do is play games while having the recording software on, give entertaining commentary, and you’ll eventually earn money. But you have to remember when times get hard, don’t give up. It will take months, if not years for you to grow big on Twitch, but you’ll never know unless you get started today.
- Twitch.tv: This is the platform you'll use to stream your video games.
- Best Gaming Microphones: This is a list of the best gaming microphones available.
- Best Gaming Computers: This is a list of the best gaming computers available.
- OBS: This is free software that you can use to stream when you play a video game.
- Amazon.com: This is where you can buy all of your video games, usually cheaper than other places.